Virtues of KarateArticles of Interest . Karate . Questions . Styles
These are the virtues of all Karate-Ka. These twelve virtues are important to the proper training and growth of a Martial Artist. As we move through our training these virtues take on new meaning. We gain depth of understanding and respect for those who have gone before us. Read this list and understand that Karate is a journey encompassing every aspect of your life. Only when you look back will you fully understand the importance and depth of each virtue.
- The improvement of coordination
- The improvement of self-confidence
- The development of self-discipline
- The development of respect
- The development of the ability to concentrate
- The development of sportsmanship
- The improvement of good health
- The improvement of physical abilities
- The development of an understanding of body mechanics
- Mastery of proper self-defense techniques
- Mastery of self
- Mastery of action and reaction
This Post was originally posted on the Dojo site of Sensei Mitch, the site and URL were pirated when the domain name unintentionally lapsed. The Pirates continue to use the site content with impunity despite being notified of their intellectual violations.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Awareness Beliefs Celebrity Christmas Confidence critical thought Diet Entertainment Exercise Failure Fitness Freedom Fun Funny Gun Control Guns Health History Holiday Jokes Karate Kata Kyokushin Liberty Mas Oyama Meditation News Patriotic Perspective Politics Questions Quotes Recruitment Religion Self-Defense Site News Sparring State of Mind Style Success Technique Training Video Weapons Zen