10 RulesState of Mind . Training notes
With great power comes great responsibility and hopefully a good dose of common-sense!
I thought these were worth sharing during this Christmas Season.
- I shall never invite trouble through uncalled for looks, remarks, or actions.
- I shall make every effort to smile and talk, and not fight my way out of trivial situations.
- I shall never become involved in the domestic quarrels of my neighbors.
- I shall ignore the ranting of a rowdy, belligerent person, drunk or otherwise.
- I shall never start a fight with a weaker person just to assert my own physical superiority.
- I shall steer clear of trouble prone areas, or walk away from such areas at the first sight of trouble.
- I shall curb my impetuousness and be extremely hesitant in using dangerous counters even in my own defense.
- I shall endure rigorous training to strengthen my spirit and body but as my strength increases I shall seek to cultivate a gentle heart.
- I shall endeavor through these arts to develop tolerance, patience, diligence, and an upright state of mind.
- Henceforth, I shall train in the spirit of humility.
Credit: The archived site of: http://www.oocities.org/Aoinagikaratedo/
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Awareness Beliefs Celebrity Christmas Confidence critical thought Diet Entertainment Exercise Failure Fitness Freedom Fun Funny Gun Control Guns Health History Holiday Jokes Karate Kata Kyokushin Liberty Mas Oyama Meditation News Patriotic Perspective Politics Questions Quotes Recruitment Religion Self-Defense Site News Sparring State of Mind Style Success Technique Training Video Weapons Zen