Kei Betty Fried Rice!Entertainment . Recipes and Health Facts . Video
Great Chicken Fried Rice! I came across this great recipe with a very amusing presentation. Betty has Martial Arts Appeal and we are more then happy to present her here 🙂
If you couldn’t write that all down fast enough here is the Ingredient list and Directions or you can print it from the PDF Betty was gracious enough to make available. Happy Cooking!
- 1 cup Jasmine white rice
- 2 green onions (aka spring onions)
- 2 wheels medium sweet white onion
- 1 small carrot
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- ¾ – 1 cup chopped chicken
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce (to taste)
- canola oil
- salt & pepper
- Prepare one cup Jasmine white rice. That’s 3 cups cooked white rice, yo.
- Allow the rice to cool or even chill out in the refrigerator before you use it.
- Dice green onions, white onion and carrot. Mince garlic; set aside. Shred or chop grilled chicken; set aside.
- Saute green onions, white onion and carrot in your biggest, flattest skillet with a dash of salt and a crack of pepper in 1 tsp canola oil over medium heat until tender and golden. Remove from heat.
- Cook 2 eggs in 1 tsp of canola oil. Start with a fry and end with a scramble. Don’t forget the salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Add 1 tbsp canola oil to medium-high heat pan. Begin cooking the rice in small batches, gradually adding rice to pan. The rice will not brown, per se, but begin to get a little color around the edges. Fry plain rice 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle low-sodium soy sauce over frying rice. Toss.
- Add a scant tablespoon of butter. Toss.
- Fry rice, soy sauce and butter for another 5 minutes.
- Add sauted vegetable mixture and eggs. Toss.
- Lower heat to medium-low and add chicken, garlic and finish of soy sauce. Toss a few more minutes and enjoy!
For an added treat serve with some steamed broccoli. A sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds and a dash of Sriracha never hurt either! Buy the ingredients using the provided links and help support the Pride Lasts Scholarship while satisfying your appetite!
Check out some of Betty’s other great Recipes at her site.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Awareness Beliefs Celebrity Christmas Confidence critical thought Diet Entertainment Exercise Failure Fitness Freedom Fun Funny Gun Control Guns Health History Holiday Jokes Karate Kata Kyokushin Liberty Mas Oyama Meditation News Patriotic Perspective Politics Questions Quotes Recruitment Religion Self-Defense Site News Sparring State of Mind Style Success Technique Training Video Weapons Zen